Golden Plains Specialty Clinics is seeking a full time Medical Scribe. Days and hours may vary. MA or CNA certification are ideal candidates.
Position Summary: A summary of a Medical Scribes duties include performing all clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records and electronic dictation system. Good attendance is also an important element of this job since you will be hard to replace.
Position Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Accompany physician(s) into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Certification/Licensure: Not required.
- 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. If the employee so chooses to gain the Certification, they will receive a $2.00 an hour increase.
- Must be knowledgeable in physician office procedures.
- Must be able to perform effectively procedures that are assigned.
- Should inter-relate well with physicians, administrator and hospital community.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and accurately with patients, providers and
- Must be technically competent, orderly, economical, systematic and know principles and underlying techniques.
- Medical terminology.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
GPCH is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender
GPCH es un proveedor, empleador y prestador que ofrece igualda de oportunidades