Full time position, days and hours may vary.
Medical Scribes duties include performing all clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records and electronic dictation system. Good attendance is also an important element of this job since you will be hard to replace.
Position Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Language Skills – The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Medical Scribes must be proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete, and concise fashion. Excellent English composition skills required to generate professional, polished writing at a high rate of production. Handwriting must be clear and legible.
2. Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports. Translate medical abbreviations into their expanded forms.
3. Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Prepare and interpret charts and graphs. Have the ability to compute ratio and percent.
4. Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply logic and draw conclusions based on knowledge. Have the ability to refer to reference materials to solve problems.
5. Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use all functions of electronic medical record software and transcription software. Must accurately enter data into a database, search for information, send and receive email and attachments. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word in order to prepare correspondence, medical reports, and other documents. Must use Microsoft Excel to prepare flowcharts and organize data. Must use the internet to access schedules, research information, etc.
6. Other Skills and Abilities – Must be able to type words and numbers quickly and accurately; must comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
7. Associates degree
8. Certification for Medical Scribe
GPCH is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender
GPCH es un proveedor, empleador y prestador que ofrece igualda de oportunidades