It is the Company’s policy to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era or any other protected class and in accordance with Federal and state civil rights laws.
Job Title: Cook
Reports To Executive Chef
Location Golden Plains Community Hospital
Department Culinary Services -Managed by Forefront Healthcare
Responsible for preparing nutritious and appetizing food for patients
following established recipes adhering to federal/state/local standards
and guidelines in proper food storage, handling and preparation.
Must possess the ability to work in a high stress environment, working
both independently and as part of a team.
Adheres to therapeutic and mechanically altered diet extensions .
Essential Job Functions:
● Prepare meals in accordance with planned menu
● Service food in accordance with established portion control
● Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and
● Ensure food is prepared at proper temperatures and associated
checklists and logs are completed
● Assist with inventory management and the receiving of goods
● Works with Executive chef to coordinate menus or special
● Adapts schedule when necessary to accommodate emergency
In addition to working in the main kitchen , this position may
require working in the cafeteria.
● Follow safe food handling training and policies and procedures
including appropriate glove use.
● Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with
established policies and procedures
● Minimum of 2 years of professional food preparation and
● ServSafe certification required or able to obtain within 3 months
● Knowledge of food handler and safety regulations
● Proven track of record of integrity
● Excellent verbal/ written and problem solving skills
● Proficient computer skills
● Must be detail oriented
● Ability to multi-task while working in a pressured environment;
always operating as part of a team
High School degree or GED degree.